Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Crazy dog!

So, I wasn't sure I was going to share this story...but I couldn't resist. It all started a few weekends ago when we were at my parents house. We were all outside when Bella(see picture above) saw that 3 of my parents neighbors chickens came into the back of their yard. What does she do? Run after them...and nobody noticed until she had one pinned to the ground. Allison(my little sister) takes off to try and get her. The back of my parents yard is like 10 or more feet from where we were. She can't get Bella so for some reason I think I can run and get her, even though I was 4 weeks postpartum and had a C-section no less, crazy? I know. So, I am trying to get Bella and she is still trying to get the chickens who are still in the yard(dumb chickens) when I yell to Allison to throw the chickens back over the fence. This is where we discover Allison's phobia of chickens...what? Thats where it starts to get funny, even though watching us was most likely the funniest part.
Long story short my dad runs over and FINALLY Bella is captured. By this time the chickens are huddled by the back fence, and one of them thought it could fit through the fence so one chicken is stuck in the fence. I wish I had a picture of that! My dad pulled it out and threw all of the chickens back over the fence. None of them died thank goodness.
Maybe this was only funny to me but I thought I would share. This goes on the list of things I never thought I would be doing since where I grew up (Orange, CA) there were no neighbors with chickens, cows, sheep, or horses. Maybe I will post that list this week...maybe.




Before all of the madness Allison, Austin, Jayden, and Atticus were launching water balloons with a launcher.

3 comments:

Ang said...

What I am picturing in my head is probably funnier than the pictures would have been anyway :) I had no idea Allison was afraid of chickens - that's hilarious. I think I'll find a little chicken toy to send to her.

FrankNApril said...

That reminds when Amber and I tried to plow in James yard! Funny story. April

Dave & Colleen Wilburn said...

you left out the funniest part: when everyone was yelling at Alli to throw the chickens over the fence she yells"I don't do chickens"!!! The neighbor did not even care, she said if the chickens are dumb enough to go into your yard Oh well.....it was sooo funny...almost as funny when I chased Bella as she thought the cows next door wanted to play with her, I was in my pajamas and
sliding through the mud because we just had irrigation time. It, I, was a sight with mud head to toe scared my dog was about to be killed and me too because I was in their yard sliding around.thanks for the memory, made me laugh, mom